Things are really starting to roll, now.
This week I spent a not-insignificant chunk of change on raw materials for my first batch of shave soaps. It ended up in three orders. Fragrance and essential oils from one location, oils from another, and bulk lyes from a third. The first parts (the oils) are scheduled to be here on Tuesday. I’m pretty pumped about it.
My last soap, a hand & face bar with an iced tea scent, is looking good and should fully cured in a couple of weeks.
My soaping oils have started to run low, so today I wasn’t able to make any soap. Instead, I tried out a recipe I found for lotion bars. I used the jasmine/vanilla scent that my wife really enjoyed in her shaving soap. Early impressions are favorable!
I’m not sure what the best packaging method would be for these, but that’s something to consider in the (near) future. For one thing, I’ll need some Vitamin E or other skin-friendly preservative if I’m going to sell them.
The quest for a logo is continuing as well. I have a basic idea of what I want the logo/mascot to look like. As the name Dapper Dragon implies, I want a dragon looking well turned out. In my imagination, he has a friendly, content look on his face, and he’s “smoking” a bubble pipe. An ascot or cravat will probably figure in somewhere as well.
I think I’m getting close with this one.