Just put your backgrounds in one directory, point the script at it, and voila, one background.xml, ready to go.
After that, it’s just a matter of selecting the XML file.
- Start the Appearances dialog by right-clicking on the background and choosing Change Desktop Background
- In the lower-right corner, Press the Add button.
- When the file browser pops up, navigate to the directory that houses your images.
- change the File Type from “Images” to “All Files”. The background.xml file should now be visible in the list.
- When you have added the background.xml file, your image “stack” will show up in the selection dialog:
That’s all there is to it, friends and neighbors. So go out there and enjoy a bit more change in your life!