The last twenty-four hours have had more than my standard share of geeking.
I got voice chat working (and sound cleaned up) in World of Warcraft by switching from Crossover to Wine. That was fun. I thought it might me even more fun to use my phone’s bluetooth headset for voice chat.
That did not go so well. I got it to pair with my computer (using an HP Bluetooth dongle) but couldn’t get it to actually play any sound. However, I do have Bluetooth working on my system now, which is a good thing. I also paired with my phone and transferred my address book to it, which could come in handy.
Today I upgraded WordPress and its plugins. I had them all up-to-date on the old site, but the new site was a version behind. I also tried to find a client that I like. I was really enjoying using Scribefire for a while, but now it gives me weird errors. It claims that certain procedures and the like are unavailable. I tried several others, but did not find any I liked as well as the update page here at the blog itself. I found some threads on WordPress.org that seem to suggest that the issue is related to PHP version.
I am not sure what I will do next. Some time this weekend I am planning on creating my first database aware page for the website. I am learning PHP as I go, here, so that is going to be interesting.
That reminds me, I still need to get Eclipse + PHP working so I can evaluate it properly. Bluefish is nice, but I am very comfortable with Eclipse from my work in Java.